Saturday, 07 July 2012
  4 Replies
  1.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Anyone who wants to tag along?

Hi all I will be going down through France and onto Spain 27th/28th August -15/17th Sept in the general direction of Amposta /Ampola
Brother & His wife going in their camper
Not made up our minds yet on either Dover- (DFDS)
Or Portsmouth-Le Havre (LD Lines)
Unless anyone knows a cheaper route??
Myself I will be a lone traveler in a “classic” but well maintained and much modernized (with a few trick-bits) Ford based Autohome. Being an oldie doesn’t say it’s a slowcoach and will hold its own against a lot of modern units. Saying that I am in no hurry!
I favor my route Portsmouth-Le Havre, that being closer and cheaper for me. and then meeting up somewhere along the way.
Route planning at the moment.
Anyone who wants to tag along at own cost in own van are welcome. please contact, and Bon journey to all already on their travels. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi and thanks for the info.
Our Camper just a tad shorter than yours and on our doorstep is Rip-off Brittany Ferries,Plymouth-Roscoff,/Santander, :( so we have over the years always gone via Dover Calais or Dover Dunkirk £24 one way or LD lines Pompi-Le Havre £99 (this time) never get a return so not tied to a schedule ,as we travel mostly on N or D roads much more to see and we have found some great free overnights places we couldn’t get to with previous larger units and like you say you can then spend the savings on things more enjoyable and worthwhile . .This time we are going down through Bourges-Clermont Ferrand (A75 free for approx 200 miles apart for viaduct toll Millau )and a free overnight at viaduct CP Good luck on all your travels JR :thumbs: :thumbs:
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection