Friday, 09 November 2012
  1 Replies
  3.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi guys, we are departing the U.K. early December heading for Spain. Our route is along the west coast of France from Caen - Poitiers - Bordeaux - San Sebastian - Zaragossa - Benidorm. Can anyone tell me whether I should purchase some snow chains for the journey ?? are they a legal requirement ???

Brisey.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Brisey good to hear from you :)

For the route you are taking I don't believe you will need them. It's only a legal requirement when road signs say so. It would be a different matter if you we're going up and over, rather than around the Pyrenees.

There is a useful list of various countries' requirements here http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/7707033/winter_equipment_requirements.pdf but the bit that concerns your trip is

"It is not a legal requirement to carry snow chains or have winter tyres fitted in France, however if the international road signage for snow chains is displayed it is then a legal requirement to use them."

Have a great trip and pop in if you are passing :thumbs:

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection