Friday, 06 September 2013
  5 Replies
  2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Membership has come on leaps and bounds over the last 4 years and its my intention to continue to grow the website to make it one of the leading motorhome resources on the internet.

This next phase of development needs help from you, the members.

What can you do to help?

Well, the main things that we are short of are links to Club Motorhome coming from other websites and I'm hoping that any of you who have your own websites or blogs, or have friends who do, together with business contacts with commercial websites could add a link to us on those sites.

If you are members of other forums (probably not other motorhome forums - I don't want anyone getting in trouble with our competitors) you may be able to add a link to your signature or maybe within a suitable post. All thats needed by way of a link is the full website address http://www.clubmotorhome.co.uk which should automatically display as a link (like this just did). Whether anyone clicks on it doesn't matter too much as the search engine 'spiders' will track it and do their job anyway.

So far the Club Motorhome website has grown by building a great prescence in the all important search engines such as Google etc. Because of the masses of relevant motorhome content within the website and the way the website is optimised the search engines pick up on the details and rate it accordingly. This means that for virtually any given motorhome related search we are likely to come up on the first page of results.

All this means that more people find us and visit the site to view the results of their search, then depending on the quality and relevance of the information they find they will register and join as a free forum member or subscribe if they want access to the full member information such as stopovers, classifieds, galleries etc.

The more members we have the more likelihood of more content being added to the site (everyone benefits) gaining even higher rankings with these search engines... and so it goes on.

So, largely the search engine optimisation is well and truely in hand and coming along nicely - the inbound links will greatly help to complete the task.

Also.... at the top of every forum page and most content articles there are options to 'share' or 'like' the content which spreads the word via Twitter and Facebook etc for those that use social media sites - please click away!

If anyone has any other ideas to promote the site please let me know your thoughts, either on here or by PM.

Thank you very much.

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes Neil. I agree, however wish I had known about the leaflets and logos to print off.
I have spoke to many about the club, both potential hosts and motorhomers.
Something in paper to give them would be very handy!

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection