Sunday, 16 March 2014
  9 Replies
  1.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just like Dr. Who Has Freedom has a whole new look from the beginning of this month. She has been reborn into a 2014 Hobby Premium 65GE. with a 4 ton chassis and the 150dci Auto. Still the Renault pulling it along but now with a euro 5 engine.
Managed to squeeze a 40 litre gas tank under her rear end and a nice twin camera reversing setup to a mirror mounted monitor. Camper NE, who supplied it fitted the Solar Panel and a twin llb satellite system. Hobby factory fitted the oven and 4 metre awning.
Just put the Inverter on it, and taken it to get filled up with fuel ang LPG maybe one day soon we will get out in it for our first trip.

Has freedom to travel

Rate this post:
Votes
Undo
Bought a new alloy and tyre for my spare wheel as all you get these days is a tyre pump and a tin of Gunk. Located it in the Garage area using just a Fiamme wedge thing I had in the useful box and a small piece of 1.5" alloy angle to wedge it up against the rear of the bedroom upper step that protrudes into the garage. A couple of elastic cords work well to hold it still. Actually had to buy a ten tonne bottle jack, (a mate borrowed mine years ago and it never came back). It does fit nicely in the centre of the wheel so just hope I never need it.
Fitted some extra security to the habitation door, a Fiamma product. I had one on the Cipro and they work very well and look the part if someone is sizing the van up.
I also fitted the Tunit box that has now been on the two previous vans, I was not looking forward to the job as on the Renault we just sold it took me three days to get to the thing installed. I could not believe it when I started this job. the plug just sits there right at the front of the engine. A 15 minute job to route the wiring and test it.
Finally found a little cup holder type hole on the dash and made a circle of perspex(from the useful box of course and attached the sucker of the compass to it. No excuse now for getting lost in those tunnels under Barcelona.
Finally found a place to mount the old Air horns so now have a suitable reply to those impolite motorists who chose to honk their somewhat feeble horns because they were too impatient to pause in their headlong dash to overtake the whole world.

Has freedom to travel

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection