Saturday, 19 July 2014
  1 Replies
  2.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I'm sure many of you will have spotted that the website has been on and off the internet a bit over the last few days - well its back now :thumbs:

Not wishing to bore you with the details and cutting a very long story short, the server's database suddenly and inexplicably corrupted a bunch of tables and it all went down.

This resulted in me having to rebuild the server and restore the site from a backup. 'Sod's Law' came into play as the most recent backup was incomplete because of the timing of the server failure so I had to restore from the previous afternoon's backup.

This all went well but didn't of course include anything added to the site between the backup and when the site went down meaning the loss of forum posts (apologies to those who find their input missing :blush: ) and there were a couple of new pub stopovers that I will now add again.

Our Facebook and Twitter pages were updated to keep those followers aware of what was going on but for those who don't use social networking sites it must have been frustrating.

Anyway, apologies for any inconvenience ;)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
There's a newsletter just gone out letting everyone who receives them that we have moved to a new hosting company and a super server jobby to get away from the awful online reliability that's been experienced lately.

The will be a settling in period I'm sure while adjustments and fine tuning take place but Club Motorhome is now in a much better place to handle the fast growing numbers of visitors and registrations we're seeing :thumbs:

If you haven't seen the newsletter please check your spam/junk folder or read it here Latest News

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection