Thursday, 26 December 2013
  3 Replies
  2.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Arrived in Portugal on the 20th December. Weather glorious until Christmas Eve and we've had a couple of soggy days, though still very mild. Weather much improved today so fingers crossed it stays that way.
Travelled from Poole to Santander on the new LD Lines route if anybody needs any info just ask.
Julie
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Julie,
How did you find the LD Lines service from Poole to Santander? I believe the ferry they are using is the Norman Asturias, we have used this on the Gijon to St Nazaire route and it was ....OK for an overnighter (14 hours) but the facilities were a bit limited compared to BFs Pont Aven plus when we went there were no kennels so the dogs had to stay in the car. If they have not installed kennels I imagine that they won't take dogs on this route.

I imagine that the fares would have to be much less than BF to make the Norman Asturias a possibility for this crossing.....its a bit small for the Bay of Biscay at this time of year.....especially when ferries the size of the Cap Finisterre have to run for port, as it did a few days ago.

At the moment it is sunny and 18degs in Asturias so not too much to complain about. Enjoy your stay in Portugal, I think you are having a better time of it than many back in the UK.
Happy New Year to everyone
regards
Phil & Jackie
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection