Saturday, 19 May 2012
  9 Replies
  3.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all,

We have been with the NFU for MH insurance over the last two years. The premium started out at just under £300 for a 99 Reg Hymer, with full NCB and a clean licence, (but excluding breakdown cover for any MH over 3.5 tonnes. :( )
The first renewal went up by the £40 mark, and when questioned, I was given some speel about all premiums going up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, heard it all before.
Another year older, no claims made, and no points on my licence, they came up with a renewal premium of £400, so this time "I grabbed the bull by the horns."
We are now with Comfort for £245.96 (without breakdown cover), or £304.08 (with).
This includes 365 days full European cover, so no having to pop back to the UK for a qualifying period. http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/">>>See here for further details<<
As we have just renewed our Britannia Rescue Breakdown cover, (due to the ADAC in France fiasco :angry: ), we opted for the £245.96p premium............and...........we are still quids in over the NFU's renewal premium. :)

Safeguard premiums were similar, but they had certain restrictions on their policy.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
HI Julie1
The reason i asked if you live near your insurance companys office was i like to be able to visit the office and have direct contact this may be old fashion way of doing things so i thought you may live close to there offices.
I have used these on line companys before and i find that you always wait a long time for a person to speak too and its never the same person so you have to go through the same conversation over and over.
i have got a quote from comfort and the NFU is within £50.00 of comfort price so i think i will keep with the NFU
Crappyorange {Born To Be Different} :thumbs:
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection