Wednesday, 28 September 2011
  3 Replies
  2.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi - we are off to France shortly (first time on the continent) and was wondering if we should be worried about reversed polarity on the electical connections - any advice would be welcome
Many thanks
Del
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Del,

You'll get different views from different people you ask on this.....

We carry a polarity checker plug which is cheap and tells you whether the polarity is ok with a series of lights. If it appears wrong then I have a mains lead made up with its plug wires reversed which corrects the problem.

I now don't bother as when staying on a Spanish Aire earlier this year the polarity changed itself every 12 hours on so! :ohmy: sooty10 will confirm this as he was parked next to me at the time :)

When this was first discovered we just turned the 2 pin adapter plugs the other way around and all was well.... for a while until the supply did it again. As there was absolutely no difference within the vans we gave up and just lived with it.

You will need to make your own mind up as to what you do as some say that reverse polarity can be dangerous.

Have a great trip and keep us up to date on your progress :)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection