Friday, 30 May 2014
  4 Replies
  3.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
A slightly tongue in cheek question but I'd be interested to hear the views of others....

If you have looked around the internet recently you can't have missed the numbers of new motorhome forums that have started up. Far from just being the larger MHF sites and Wildcamping, the varieties now include the main motorhome magazines with their websites including forum sections. Various other individuals have also started up independent sites that contain forums with varying amounts of activity on them.

More recently Facebook groups have become very popular. Obviously you need to be a Facebook user to use these and most require an application to join them as they are 'closed' groups. These seem to be very active and provide useful information and banter, the downside maybe being that the information soon disappears into the depths and can be hard to find again - more so with the most active group pages.

So, with all these options to gain information, communicate and build relationships with other like-minded motorhomers what incentive is there to have to pay to do so? I only know of the 2 main sites that charge for forum membership, and yet they are the largest forums around. This is not meant as a dig at them by the way, I am genuinely curious as to whether motorhome forums are moving on from the 'old' ways of paying to participate.

What do you think?

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Zander-Gill :)

Thanks also for your support of this site and I'm delighted that you are gaining knowledge through using it.

I was really referring to the 'forum' aspect of sites though - ours is free ie no payment required to be able to post questions and help for others whereas some other forums charge a subscription to be able to do that.

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection