2 Replies
  3.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Yippee

Mrs Spinner is out of hospital :woohoo:

Just booked ferry to Calais for the end of March

Thought we would go back to Sitges for a month, great place. Miss the election campaigning though, shame :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDlGwy3pz0c

Spinner

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Neil
Thanks

We leave on the 31st March and will travel via Clermont Ferrand. We won’t be doing too many miles a day and plan to be down there after Easter. This time we will probably stay put on a campsite rather than tour so Mrs Spinner can convalesce.

Wow 52 years, things were certainly different then. I first went to the south of France in 1961 with mum and dad, I was aged 8. We went with my older sister in a Ford Anglia trundling down the old N7 for a 2 week camping holiday! Their budget was £21 plus petrol coupons and we lived out of tins that mum had saved from the weekly shop. Minced beef and onions, tinned veg, and Fray Bentos pies. We also had condensed milk in tubes. While we were there (the Camargue) Dad decided that we would come back home via Switzerland by the way of Nice and Monaco!!
Two years later we went to Spain, Calella (the Costa Brava was just fishing villages) again camping and living on tinned food. We drove down in an Austin A40 this time with my sister’s boyfriend. That’s five up in an A40, I sat on my Mums lap most of the way! We had so much stuff we couldn’t get the tailgate shut and fumes came in, and the roof rack fell off more than once.
So many happy memories. I think this is what gave me the bug of travelling.
It would be interesting to hear from other members with similar experiences, perhaps the start of new topic!
Will look out for you on the road.

Spinner

Picture of me and my sister attached Lake Geneva 1961

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection