New

hello

Friday, 23 November 2012
  6 Replies
  2.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all,just thought we would introduce ourselves to you all.
my name is eric and my wife is kathy we live in doncaster and have a vw autosleeper clubman gl.
Dont really know what else to say so bye for now.
Eric.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Neil,years ago when kathy and i where pups and we had 2 other puppies to bring up we where always skint so as well as my regular job i worked for a local motorhome/caravan company at the weekends cleaning and valeting them.
As time passed this progressed to checking them out and doing repairs as well as collecting and delivering them.
I was paid monthly for this job,at the end of one month the boss told me that because of cash flow problems he would pay me at the end of the following month.
Yes you guessed it i didn't get paid but because i had been with him for six years he gave me an old MH he had taken in PX for nothing just before the company folded i got it on the road and kept it for a few years and have had one ever since.
I then carried on with my normal job but also checking out motorhomes for other people untill i was 55 when i was offered work doing what i do now by another MH company so i took early retirement and jumped at the offer.
You really would not beleive some of the out of the way places i have been sent to look at them.
I know i am going a bit too long but will just tell you all this one,I was sent to glen coe in scotland a couple years ago and kathy came with me the MH was at a small cottage in the middle of nowhere just before we arrived the snow was really heavy we where snowed in for 3 days there was no room in the cottage so we had to live in the MH freezing our little bits off.Kathy has never been with me since.
cant think why?
best wishes
eric. :)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection