Wednesday, 13 February 2013
  2 Replies
  1.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi All, My name is Ken. Ive just joined your club. I am new to motorhome ownership and I am looking for advice.
I am having a Mercedes van converted and will take delivery soon.The base van is currently registered and insured by my business. I have been looking to insure the van in my own name and have used the company shown on this website. One of the questions asks If DVLA has been notified that the vehicle is now a motorhome? Is this something I should have done? Are there any other legal requirments I should be aware of.
Thanks for your help in advance, Im sure I will be asking for a lot more in the near future

Kenford
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Kenford and welcome to the forum :welcome1:

'Motorhome' is a specific registration category, and they are classed as either 'Private Light Goods' or 'Private Heavy Goods'. there are specific requirements which must be met to register a vehicle as a motorhome, the main ones being (I believe) that there must be a bed and a table for eating at (which can be free-standing). Your van which has become a motorhome would need to be inspected by VOSA to check if it complies with the requirements for a motorhome. if it does you will be issued with a new V5.

This is based purely on what I have read elsewhere, not on any personal experience.

Good luck with it. Do ask the questions - I'm sure you can get teh answers on here. :thumbs: :thumbs:
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection