Tuesday, 26 August 2014
  4 Replies
  1.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi fellow travelers, my nav and I have just got back from a brilliant 21 days, through Germany and France. Ending up with the rain on 25th staying with us to Hastings and home. Well home but not in it. As the bricks are still being dried out from a storm damaged roof in January so will continue our stay in the home on wheels for a while yet.
The reason for this message is that we became more and more aware that I'm afraid to say that many of the water points, we visited in France, were being compromised by native motor homers, by the placing of the water tap ' INTO ' the toilet tank necks. So although it is a practice of ours always to flush the tap, then wipe it then flush again before connecting there may be some of you like us when we first started out, who would think that any one would be so stupid as to cross contaminate, but sadly there are.
So...FLUSH....WIPE....FLUSH... DRINK. Otherwise you may not finish that well earnt trip.
Safe journeys
KONTIKI 645.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes.. seen it all before.. absolutely disgusting.. also seen dogs washed, hair washed, wet suits washed, feet washed. all under the drinking tap. Just no excuse, especially when it is clearly sign posted and there is another tap for rinsing cassettes, ..
My method..
Before connecting the hose or drawing water, I spray the tap inside and out with bleach from a spray bottle.. then run the tap for a bit, stop then spray again.. inside the spout and all over the outside.. run again, then connect using my own fittings. if there is one already on the tap I take it off.

I've had some funny looks from those waiting behind.. but stuff them..

Also use a General ecology filter .. and with these precautions never had any problems with bugs..
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection