Friday, 14 November 2014
  3 Replies
  2.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
:unsure: Looking to mount a X9 scooter on the back of my Bailey Approach 740 its weight is 180 kg as anybody got this scooter mounted have contacted Watling eng but they only do one to carry a 130kg model
Thanks Ed P
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi edpick

Now I am not an expert but I do have quite a bit of experience. I would say your x9 is far to heavy to hang on the back of the Bailey. anything over 100kg and you find the front end of the motorhome will very light on the steering and you will probably be overweight on the rear axle. I know one or two people who have found this out to their cost.. We carry a PGO TREX 125cc and that weighs 110kg and that is on the back of a tag axle. Now I know the X9 is a great scooter as we have an X10 but unfortunately that stays at home because of the weight.. However, if you did not want to tow, I did see in France this year what was a rigid trailer on the back of a camper. This was connected with two tow hitches and therefore didn't articulate, but the wheels did! so when the guy reversed the unit just stayed straight. The guy was carrying an MP3 on it.. I have tried to search for this type of mounting on the internet but know luck so far.

Hope this helps

Spinner

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection