Monday, 08 December 2014
  1 Replies
  2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi there

We are planning to travel to Croatia via Italy, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that our usual route from Germany through the Fern and Brenner Pass to Italy was going to alter to be a toll road. Have I imagined this or can anyone shed any light please. As we have a 4000kg van we do not want to get involved with Go Boxes etc.
Also would appreciate any info/suggestions for Croatia.
Thanks in advance.
Rate this post:
Votes
Undo
Hi and :welcome4: to the Forum.
I think you will find in Austria for over 3.5tons you require a Go Box and that gets expensive. The Charge through the Brenner is only a few euro but it's the Go Box that spoils it for Austria.
We tend to come down the 5 and turn into France and head for Besacon on the non motorway roads. We stop at the municipal Aires in Baume le Dames. We then go south and over the St Bernard pass, a really scenic drive and often stop right on the top by the old sanitarium. Have only been to the Istra peninsula in Croatia, a great place if you enjoy being naked. We had to leave early because it was unbearably hot in the summer. Did not find the locals very warm or friendly, will not be rushing back there.

Has freedom to travel

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection