New

Batteries

Monday, 23 March 2015
  3 Replies
  2.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi can some one help me as a newbie to motorhoming I now need to ask if someone can give me some advice.i am the owner of a Hobby T600 which is on a ford 2007 model Q I have a solar panel on the roof under the driver (x2 batts )and passenger seat (x 1 batt ) but I'm not sure which is which. I look forward to any replyies.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am not familiar with your motorhome model but I would hazard a guess that the twin batteries will be your leisure batteries because vehicle makers are never very fond of giving two of anything when one will do :) seriously though can you see the batteries easily if so the engine battery will have heavy starter cables clamped to the terminals so check the single battery first, the leisure batteries often have multiple wires coming from the positive and negative. HOWEVER your M/H is quite modern and it may have been wired up with a fuse board in a cupboard for instance and all the circuits distributed from there.

If that is the case you can check with a multimeter by disconnecting the positive terminal on say the 2x batteries and if you lose power at the fuseboard those are the leisure batteries. or even simpler do as said above and try switching a light on that will prove whether you have identified the right batteries.

As you have a solar panel I would go with the 2x batteries being your leirsure batteries.
I hope that helps.
regards Phil
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection