Tuesday, 20 October 2015
  5 Replies
  2.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
On a recent trip to Portugal we called in at the the Obidos Services, North (Cespa) to top up with LPG. While waiting for the pump to respond an attendant appeared and said we could not fill up as the LPG in Portugal as it was only for locomotion and not kitchen. As his English was minimal and our Portuguese virtually non existent (Bomdia and Obrigado). We decided to try the South Services (Cespa).

The same happened again but this time the young man, whose English was excellent, told us that the Portuguese rules had change and they were no longer allowed to sell LPG to motorhomes. I tried to persuade him that it was for locomotion but he was a sharp cookie and not convinced. I think the two Autogas cylinders might have given it away! As we were not desperate we moved on. However, at Ericeira we noticed a BP station and filled up with no questions asked.

Anyway, not sure if anything has changed to the rules in Portugal but would recommend anybody going to Portugal to top up in Spain beforehand.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Spinner

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Portugal is on our radar but not this time it seems.As it happens we appear to be getting slightly better weather in spain,well according to the weather reports I,ve been reading.I found somepoi's for portugalLPG stations ,hope they may be handy in your travels. :thumbs:

Pete and jan

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection