Saturday, 09 January 2016
  11 Replies
  4.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
:unsure: I am planning on my first venture into unknown territory, France, and anywhere else beyond. I have read all the usual advisory sites on laws and road signs but there is nothing as good as real 'been there, done it' from you guys. Firstly, are stick on deflectors easy and obvious? Secondly, what are the Police most bothered about over there? Any advice would be excellent.
Thanks all.
p.s I can say hello in French!
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Bonjour Mothy
Nice to hear from you.

Well I am one of those naughty boys who never uses beam deflectors. Until a couple of years ago I had RHD headlamps. These were on the van when is was imported by the dealer 14 years ago! But I have changed them now, as the lenses were misting, they are UK spec and I have them adjusted on the low side so as not to dazzle (too much anyway)?? The trouble with deflectors is that they block out so much light ! As we usually use Aires etc we tend to find somewhere before it gets dark anyway. The French police are hot on speeding at the moment and use a lot of unmarked cars. Did you see my post Driving / Motorcycling France? Here is the link again anyway http://www.drive-france.com/

Where are in France are you going? :cheer:

Spinner

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection