Thursday, 06 September 2012
  6 Replies
  3.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi
Could anyone tell us the rules on seatbelts in motorhomes? We have just bought our second one and it actually seats up to 8 but only has the cab seatbelts and two others. Is it illegal to take people out without seatbelts?
Thanks
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi. The subject of seat belts has been a minefield for me in the past .
According to DVLA any motor home built after Aug 07 must have seat belts to the passenger load accredited to the build. Those built before Aug 07 did not need belts for all.I checked with my insurance company and asked if I needed belts for all on board and they said after I told them what DVLA had said, that they would cover me for all, so my four belted wagon that has seats for 5 was okay for travelling.
The down side is that the Police say that you could possibly be stopped for carrying 'unsafe cargo' if their are any unbelted passengers. But trawling through hours of web pages etc I have not found a case yet. Plus when on the continent it is quite normal to see a tribe unload and the authorities don't seem to react. So after 07 all bodies must be belted, before, ???????.
One pit fall for many is the fact they do not have the correct licence to drive motor homes, post 97 driving tests.
Regards.
Kontiki645
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection