Sunday, 23 December 2012
  1 Replies
  2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Had a chance to look over the new book and it does seem as though it will be an asset.
They still persist with those decimal minutes GPS co-ordinates which are fine for the TomTom users but No good for Autoroute.
I do have a method for converting the decimal minutes which is all you need because the Degrees(the first bit) and the whole minutes(the second bit remain the same.
So all that needs to be done is multiply the decimal part of the minutes by 60. eg .75 x 60 = 45 so that is the third bit. another example would be .50 x 60 = 30 or .25 x 60 = 15 the answers will be in seconds which is just what you need for the third bit of the degree/minutes/seconds co-ordinates.
I still remain puzzled by the Districts and regions in France and this book uses another grouping to group the aires into.

Has freedom to travel

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Just received my All the Aires 4th edition with a separate map. The latter looks to be useful when planning a trip across France and would help, TRAV_HA5_3DOM if the grouping of districts/departments are confusing. The book does contain maps as in the 3rd ed., but I didn't find them that helpful 'cos you couldn't see the wider picture.
Will be using the book on our trip down to Spain next month so will report if anything odd comes up! Fortunately we have a TomTom so GPS coordinates are OK.

Barry
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection