Saturday, 21 September 2013
  8 Replies
  2.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Noticed we have a banner advert for Red Diesel running on the site, great stuff this just like the real thing; BUT

If your camper is stopped and tested by the Customs excise They have powers to seize it and based on it's mileage estimate how much back duty you owe.
The onus of proving that you have been using duty paid fuel in it rests with you not them (so keep your receipts).
If you fail to pay the demanded amount or prove to their satisfaction that you do not owe that amount. They have the powers to sell your vehicle and as long as they get what they want that is the only price they are interested in. They will give you and change from the sale that they cannot claim.
So it is worth being careful where you fill up.
Red diesel in this country has the Red dye added to it at the refinery and also three chemical tracers, this is to combat those who manage to bleach the red out of it.

Has freedom to travel

Rate this post:
Votes
Undo
None needed Minkey58, it often happens to me when replying at the same time as someone else. If I am a bit slow on the keyboard I find I have repeated the point just made. Not sure if I welcomed you to the Forum, But welcome, We are on intermittent WiFi at the moment, just down by the huge Dunes near at Hassilabiad, Morocco on tour with five other members so not been quite able to keep up with the forum. Stunning place for old fossils!!

Has freedom to travel

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection