Monday, 07 October 2013
  4 Replies
  1.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi

Until a year ago we (that is my good lady and I) were caravaners and for a variety or reasons I decided that I no longer wanted to tow. We really enjoyed being on sites and finding out about new places but the towing part was more stress than I needed - particularly down in the Southwest. Rather than giving up camping altogether we decided to try the small motorhome route and after a visit to the NEC annual show agreed the size we wanted. I bought a Fiat Ducato with an Executive autosleeper habitation unit. Very sadly I became ill shortly after buying the vehicle and have not been anywhere in it since November 2012.

Thankfully I am now well on the road to recovery and hope to get started again next year. I know very little about motorhomes and hope to learn from experts on these forums.

To answer Steve in his intro I must say we found the NEC exhibition very useful in making our choice. You can decide on type and size without buying and then look around for nice second hand units.

As for insurance I went through IC who are brokers and had a policy with Highway (part of Liverpool Victoria) my comprehensive policy which includes Legal protection and up to 5000 miles per annum was £273 which I did not think was too bad. Perhaps longer standing members can comment.

Anyway thats us so hope to share over time.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
:welcome4:

Glad things are looking up for you. Anything you want to know, ask away. And remembe, there are no 'silly questions' - only things we have yet to find out :thumbs:
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection