Sunday, 17 November 2013
  3 Replies
  1.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all just a thought.As this site is visited by I assume people who want to take up motor homing, looking to see whats what, what to buy and where to go and generally finding some real solid advice from the members, but there is one area that never seems to be mentioned or written up in any mag and that is the subject of what 'could it cost us'? The annual fees covering ins, mot's, servicing, storage, wear and tear on tires, setting up with the crocks and cutlery etc.
I understand that there are variants like how long is a piece of string, but I wonder if there is any mileage in us giving a figure that reflects what we spend, so that those who want to follow get a reasonable idea of what they can expect.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Think you are right how long is piece of string.We paid 22k for 04 plate Eldiss Sunseeker on the road.It had 11 thousand on the clock 4 years later it has 43k on clock,would say we have done 20k of that abroad.Tax, insurance,comes to £500 a year,service probably another £400 including Habitation check
using mobile service.Last year we spent 15 weeks away in van,this about 12 weeks.We work on assumption that while we are away we don't use gas at home,on water meter so no water used ,less electric freezer is left on.Food you have to eat some where ,as long as you don't eat out every night you are away cost the same.No fuel in the car.
When I was working we always went to Greece twice a year for two weeks at a time ,Flight and apartment for two weeks was between £800 and a thousand pounds,we ate all meals out another thousand so we are looking at nearly 2k. This year we had one trip of 6 weeks away,went through Belgium,France,into Spain,then down as far as Cordoba for patio flower festival.Back via the Pyrenees,Monet s gardens. in France.Saw wonderful buildings ,gardens ,flowers meet great people.Total mileage 3500 cost £2200.Earlier in year we had two weeks in Goa well over £2k spent, bored with sitting on beach after 8 days.
My advice before you buy,hire make sure its what you want to do,we had 6 weeks in MH in New Zealand before we brought.
But we still go back to how long is a piece of string,as expensive or as cheap as you want to make it or use it.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection