Thursday, 30 January 2014
  3 Replies
  1.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just posting some info on the new Poole-Santander route. We used the route on 17th December.
As most people will know the vessel is the Norman Asturias and is much smaller than the ones used by Brittany ferries for Santander routes.
The crossing was ok. There was some rolling and on occasion I did feel a little queasy but once I'd got my sea legs I was ok. My husband had no problems whatsoever but he is ex merchant navy.
The facilities on board were adequate with a bar and a restaurant. The restaurant was only open at allocated times during the sailing i.e breakfast, lunch and dinner. Passengers were notified of opening/closing times. The bar stayed open until around midnight and sold light snacks. Prices were reasonable.
The duty free shop is very small and not well stocked. They did not appear to sell cigarettes or tobacco.
At the time of sailing there wasn't any kennel facilities for dogs.
Cabin accomodation was very tired but clean and adequate for one nights stay.
The Portuguese crew are very helpful and friendly.
We paid £100 less than the price quoted by Brittany ferries for a one way ticket which made it viable for us.
We parked on the ferry port at Poole the night before we sailed. We understood that there was a charge of £5.00 to park payable at the adjacent cafe. The cafe was closed and we didn't pay.
There is a good transport cafe at the entrance to the port which did a good english breakfast.
I don't think that this route would suit anybody who would want to enjoy a cruise style experience and they would be better off sailing with Brittany Ferries.
Overall we couldn't complain and we would definitely use this route again.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Can't speak for LD lines but Brittany Ferries do have a few Dog Friendly cabins but their booked up fast so I'm told
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

ADVERT - Full Members don't see these - click our link below to hide them

Click here to join or upgrade to Full Member

We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection