Sunday, 09 February 2014
  3 Replies
  4.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I imagine there are quite a lot of Aus or NZ residents using the UK as a base to buy their motorhome for trips around both the UK and Europe. But getting insurance without either a UK address and/or a UK licence can be very difficult and expensive.
I have used HIC Insurance the last time I bought a motorhome in the UK as they will deal with non residents, all the other insurers I found on line want to know 'period of residence' at any address you may use, e.g. your brother in laws house.
Also they do not want to know you if you do not have a UK licence. As for the fact you have a lifetime no claims bonus - forget it!
Hence although I can get comp insurance it is Stirling 930 pa!! plus 50% if you go to Morrocco or places such as Montenegro!!!
Have any other members had this experience and if so how did it work out for you
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I have had no e-mails in my system from you, I usually check my junk folder before emptying it as sometimes it blocks things like receipts for travel, hotels etc.

Not sure about where the emails are going then..... :unsure:

I'll copy and paste the contents into a PM for you in a few minutes, please let me know whether you receive them that way.

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection