Wednesday, 09 July 2014
  3 Replies
  1.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Seeing some new feedback come in today prompted me to look back over recent comments made about some of our Pub Stopovers :)

In Bedfordshire:

Stayed here Tuesday 28th May 2013. Lovely pub grub - friendly staff. Large car park.

In Yorkshire:

The management would like it known that they ARE dog friendly :)

In Dorset:

The Cross Keys ... fantastic location very friendly .recommend a look ...DONT BE SHY ... Pub stopovers love them

In Norfolk:

We stopped here over the Bank Holiday weekend; 2 nights. What a fantastic deal!! I am almost loath to tell anyone in case it gets booked up and we can't get back.

Staff can't do enough for you, facilities are absolutely fantastic, including the swimming pool!! Food and drink are reasonably priced and you will never complain at portion sizes; although you might at your expanding waistline.

We will be back soon and hope that this is the first of many times; the first time we have used a stopover, new to Motorhoming and loving every minute.

In Cambridgeshire:

We recently stayed overnight at the **** on our way to Peterborough and were given a very warm welcome. From the flat gravel car park to the excellent dinner and even better breakfast the next morning we were impressed. We would definitely stay here again and give it 10/10

In Somerset:

We stayed here for a night at the beginning of November - a perfect stopover for the Burnham on Sea illuminated carnival.

In Aberdeenshire:

I submitted this one. Nice plain food in the bar. Tends to be very busy at weekends. Car park is large but can be full on Friday/Saturday night.
The proprietors Tina and David are friendly and welcoming so please patronise the bar/food. We have not actually stayed over in our van but Tina assures me not a problem

In Essex:

15/02/2014 Had a one night stop over at the ******* after playing a bowls match at Tilbury and we were pleasantly surprised at the amazing antiques and crafts available. Booked a meal in the pub which was very very good - it was a set meal for Valentines Day even though it was the day after. Wonderful time and would visit again.

Del & Chrissii

In Cumbria:

:) top notch. Free stopover if a meal is bought in the most delightful pub. Don't go past without having a meal - wonderful. Very friendly hosts - pleasure to stop over and most certainly will doing so again.

In Lancashire:

Stopped here on 4th April. Great pub for a stop over. We arrived late but the food looked great in the restaurant. Great place to walk your dog across the road. Will definitely stop there again.

In Monmouthshire:

We had a great stay here a couple of nights ago. Met the owner on arrival and asked where to park as the car-park was full, he directed us to the coach spaces across the road.

Great ales, food and nice bacon rolls from the tea-shop in the morning
:)

In Angus:

Not actually stayed here as its fairly close to home but we've visited several times for coffee etc. Its in a very quiet country location and, if I'd lived further away, a place I'd like to overnight and, of course, sample the coffee shop

Again, in Yorkshire:

Stayed here for a night last week.

Good 'no frills' pub and quiet night
:)

In Nottinghamshire:

Stayed here on 23 June and it was absolutely super.

Large car park which is free if you use the pub for a drink or something. We had dinner and not only was it very reasonable but terrific food. Lots of it as well!

We shall definitely stay there again as the staff are very welcoming too.

These Pub Stopovers are a great resource to our members so, please keep the feedback coming. Each and every stopover has a comment section at the bottom for members to give their own feedback on their experience. - Thank you :)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
There's been some great feedback on some of these stopovers recently so I thought I would 'bump' this thread to make everyone aware that it's possible to view the information in one place. Thus avoiding having to go through all the listings :dry:

Recent feedback on our Pub-Type Motorhome Stopovers

These tend to be honest 'warts and all' reports so you can be confident that we don't just present glowing reports B)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection