Norway

Thursday, 13 November 2014
  1 Replies
  1.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
To anyone who is interested

In the autumn of 2012 we took a trip to Norway. There was no particular plan other than to get to the Arctic Circle and the Lofoten Islands by way of the west coast using ferries across the fijords and the route known as the Atlantic Highway and the E6 and E17. While making are way up the coast we decided to head for Brønnøysund and mooch around this archipelago for a day or so. Having spotted a good place to stop for lunch we noticed a footpath that led up the mountain behind us. Now not being shy of taking a walk we donned our boots and set off totally unprepared for what lay before us, not in terms of kit we had a flask of tea after all, but the amazing views and history that we were to discover. As soon as we started to climb we noticed what appeared to be a small square hole in the side of the mountain but as we ascended further we realised that it was massive and you could see right through the mountain and out across the sea and islands. This hole was created by an underground river which seemed incredible. However, the climb was exhilarating and the views were absolutely stunning, the attached photos don’t really do it justice (do they ever). On the way back down we noticed a small brass plaque marking the site of an aviation accident in 1988 known as the Torghatten Accident. I did a quick check on Wiki and found this fascinating article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wider%C3%B8e_Flight_710.
So why am I telling you this now, well our first grandchild has just been born so the motorhome has been put a way for a few weeks. Writing this I have one very small two day old baby asleep on my lap as I look through all the lovely photos of our trips and just wanted to share some of them. Don’t tell everyone, but motorhoming is really the only way to see Europe if not the World. And although I love this little chap dearly I can’t wait to get behind the wheel and discover so much more.

Spinner
:woohoo:

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sounds like it was an interesting trip - especially when you find unexpected things like the tunnel and plaque. Just shows its always worth exploring around your parking area :thumbs:

Congratulations on your new grandchild, I remember our first, it's a special time (we're up to 6 now! :ohmy: )

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection