Sunday, 31 May 2015
  5 Replies
  3.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Is it just me?
We are just back from 6 weeks touring mainland Europe staying on mainly Aires/Stellplatz, but interspersed with a night here and there on sites using Camping Cheques and ACSI card. The latter costing probably £14-£16 per night
I also don't mind paying for an Aire/Stellplatz as long as I get value for money.
Before we crossed back to the UK via the Tunnel we stayed as Chateau du Gandspette (Camping Cheque site) at a cost of probably £14-£15. Its a beautiful site, well maintained facilities, with outdoor heated pool, bar, restaurant, tennis court etc
Compare that to our overnight stop in the UK. Barnard Castle C & CC club site - we are members. Hardstanding with EHU, 2 adults - wait for it - £25.45 for the night. Electric was £4.85 of that total.. (We stayed on a Stellplatz in Saarburg where electric was metered. It cost us 80p / night from memory)
It was 'High Season' because of Whitsun but even so how can both UK Clubs justify such prices?
We could have used a Pub Stopover but we were tired and just wanted to chill out and use site facilities in morning as we still had a 5 hour drive ahead of us
As I said, is it just me?
Anybody any experience of Britstops?
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Just returned from Spain & was paying £11.67 per night for 2 adults with electric and a fully serviced pitch. Also bar , restaurant, swimming pool, club room and really helpful staff. Rest of the trip we used aires. Caravan Club sites are expensive & staff often do not understand the concept of service but give an attitude of doing you a favour. We use sites only when Britstops etc not availoable
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection