Thursday, 25 June 2015
  2 Replies
  2.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
:dry: hI to all. Have any of you had the problem of the solar panel feed tripping your alarms when the wagon is locked. My storage yard friends have had to cover the solar panel with a cardboard sheet to switch off the offending alarm. I mentioned this to my dealers who fitted the solar system and they tell me that the Kontiki 645 I have, is fitted with a tamper alarm which apparently means that if it senses any voltage change it wakes up as it believes the vehicle is being tampered with. So when the sun came up in the morning off went the all the bells and whistles. I can shut down the feed to the vehicle battery via a master switch, which I now do when out on the road, but when back at the storage yard I have to disconnect the main positive terminal cable feeds and put in a link from the solar feed. Thankfully the storage yard has high fences,cameras, locked gates and a huge dog. So I am at ease with no alarms armed.
Any thoughts on the problem will be greatly received.
Safe journeys
Regards
Kontiki645
Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection