Saturday, 26 March 2016
  2 Replies
  2.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello

Off to Spain and Portugal next month and been doing a bit of research on what to see. Having been several times now I have been looking at filling in the gaps. One place on the list is Guernica.

Just wondered if any one had been there or other places associated with the Spanish Civil War?

Spinner

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Neil

I haven't read Winter in Madrid, although Mrs S is a fan of C J Sansom.

I have read, As I Walked one Midsummer Morning and a Moment of War by Laurie Lee. Its' a story of him leaving his Gloucestershire home goes to Spain and fighting for the Republican cause.

At the moment I am reading another book by Lee, A Rose for Winter. This is also set in Spain, Andalusia, 15 years after the war. His description of living in Cadiz highlights just how much Spain has changed.

I think we will make this trip a Homage to the Spanish Civil War. Belchite is on the list.

If anybody is interested in this sort of thing the a visit to Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia in Madrid
is essential to see Picasso's painting of Gurnica. In fact there is so much more to see as well

Spinner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Lee

:D

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection