4.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello

Booked a ferry this morning and compared prices

Dover to Calais - P&O through website £58.80
P&O through Caravan Club £69.00.

Just thought I would re-check again tonight (because I am like that)!!

PO through website £90.00
P&O through Caravan Club £104.00

Same vehicle, same boat, same day, same time :silly:

Spinner

:D

Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Tom1
Thanks for info. In today's travel section in the Telegraph there is a question to their expert on ferry prices. He has spoken to Brittany Ferries who say that "fares for each sailing depends on demand, higher in summer,at weekends and overnight crossings"." Prices also tend to rise, so booking early secures the lowest price" (he would say it wouldn't he?)
Barry

Hi Barry,
Yes it is more expensive on a Friday or a Saturday and we like the night boat, because the kids sleep for the trip, which is just easier, but it is the most expensive boat to book!

I had 2 weeks booked for Easter, going on a Thursday and returning on a Thursday, booked 4 months in advance, however when I moved it to July and extended it to 4 weeks, both night boats still on a Thursday, the price didn't change at all.

Also a week before the original easter booking, I did a quote for the same dates just out of interest and it was £15 more expensive than it was despite booking 4 months ealier.

but obviously this may just be coincidence

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection