Sunday, 21 August 2016
  9 Replies
  3.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi All

We've got some time off in early November, and are considering a trip to Spain/Southern France - via the Santander Ferry - Would prefer not to spend the entire two weeks in the rain/in the motorhome: appreciate that some will say " well don't go in November" but it looks like the best time for us work-wise.

Ideas?

Thanks
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Keep checking back Janet, there are quite a few on here who spend a lot of time in Spain and will be able to give you some ideas. :D
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
If it were us at that time of year we'd be heading South a bit and as lovely as it is probably avoiding Asturias and Galicia (Green Spain) and Atlantic coastal areas.

A lot will depend on what you like to see but La Rioja, Castile la Mancha, Aragon and Catalonia have lots of beautiful areas.

Check member Spinner's recent blog on CM about Civil War history if that's of interest.

Spain is huge and diverse so let us know what you like and perhaps more suggestions will be forthcoming :)

If it ain't broke..... Don't fix it!

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Many thanks for the replies: We like places with history but probably just want to kick back and relax a bit - so some warmth and a bit of sun/sea would be just the ticket.

First thoughts are that we drive down from Santander to the mediterranean coast, avoiding Almeria/Roquetas at all costs - was friends with someone who kept a boat there, and must say I didn't like it at all. ( very subjective - I'm sure it has it's good points)

We could take ourselves over to the Algarve - we need a fairly easy journey back - obviously taking two or three days- stopping at Aires on the way there and back- say three days down/two back.

Will certainly check back as you suggest :D
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi
We have not spent time in Spain in November but have in January, We were in Javea near Alicante, warm and sunny. For history I'd return to Segovia - World Heritage site with an aire near a bus stop into the centre- we were there in May. For a bit of sun I'd head to Valencia staying at Camping Valencia at Betera(15 Euros inc. electric) and get the metro into the centre (1.6 euros each way).Site sells a metro card and the station is about 300m nearby. Vist to the Science Centre is a must and the Central Market has a superb Tapas bar.
Barry
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Last year(Jan\Feb) we went south of Alicante to Marjal Costa Blanca Camping & Resort. I must say the best site I have ever been on for facilities. Weather 18c to 21c during day
Every pitch has its own water supply, waste and 4 English TV channels. Free wifi (ok for emails only unless near office) and 4kw of electricity per day. On site bar and supermarket very good. Really could not fault it

only down side about 6 miles from coast and 2 miles from nearest town
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi All

We've got some time off in early November, and are considering a trip to Spain/Southern France - via the Santander Ferry - Would prefer not to spend the entire two weeks in the rain/in the motorhome: appreciate that some will say " well don't go in November" but it looks like the best time for us work-wise.

Ideas?

Thanks
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi!
We were in Spain in Feb this year for 7 weeks.. Main roads are the best you could ask for no problems at all regarding driving. All motorists were excellent throughout or trip.
No bad driving and no aggro. I will say again the main roads are ace! Minor
roads are no problem either,trust me! Briefly we went Portsmouth Santander, down to Murcia along the coast to Malaga ang back to Santander Portsmouth. Towing a smart two four with an
Aframe, no hassle from anyone regarding the frame. In fact we were admired by police on two occasions, I have to say though that the motorhome and. little car look cute together.
I feel we can help with anything just message!
Frank
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Janet, we've been to spain several times although with our caravan! (am I allowed to say that on here!!) we have stayed at a site called Delfines at Mazarron, about 30 mins west from Cartagena . from the site you walk across the road to a pebbly beach. The downside is that the pitches tend to be small and the site is busy so you would need to book. daytime temp avg is 22/23c but much cooler at night.

now we have Bought a camper we are looking for ourselves(and our dogs) and are also hoping for some great advice on here.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection