Thursday, 19 January 2017
  4 Replies
  3.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi all,
Planning to travel to Sicily early September using the Genoa/Palermo ferry, stay a couple of weeks and then head across to Puglia before turning for home. I have seen a couple of blogs on this site but anyone got any other "must sees" or perhaps more importantly "avoids" , to help us plan the itinerary. Travelling in a Carthago Compaxt Line if you know of "no go" areas for larger motorhomes. Thanks in advance.
Dave
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Dave
Can't really help with Sicily but we did meet a couple who have spent winter there a few times. They had a huge self build outfit and said they never encountered any problems due to the size of the vehicle.
We did a bit of touring around Puglia on our way to and from Greece a few years ago (out of season). Virtually all campsites were closed but we managed to find places to park up responsibly without any problems. Our MH is 9 metres long. If unsure of accessibility we would have a recce on foot first. Puglia is not very touristy and I think we were more of a novelty than a nuisance. Enjoy.
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Julie
Thanks for the info.
Dave
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I presume you've had a read of our blog on this site?

We only spent 1 week on a campsite, the rest all wildcamping. There is no problem with paring on the ports during the winter; I don't suppose there would be any issues in autumn either, as Italian wildcamping is verymuch alive and well so I guess they'd still be there - maybe capacity mihht be an issue.

There are so many places worth visiting it's hard to pick any in particular out, but might single out Sellinute, Trapani and the salt flats, Segesta and the Baroque towns in the east of the island - and definately Villa del Casale and the fish market in Catania ...........

So much to see - you'll love it!
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the tips
Dave
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection