Thursday, 13 March 2014
  4 Replies
  2.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I have just joined the club having come back to motor caravanning after 40 years and the AA seem to be saying they will not cover me because the 'van has an onboard gas tank.
Anyone able to confirm this and if true any companies which could be recommended would be useful, I particularly look forward to touring the north west highlands of Scotland and breakdown/recovery cover would be useful.
Rate this post:
7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
By 'the club', do you mean ClubMotorhome or the AA? It's worth remembering that the AA is no longer a Club, just a company run by venture capitalists set on making as much money as they can.

I have never heard of this issue before, but there are plenty of people who will cover you for breakdown much cheaper than the AA. I get mine with the insurance at about £90 for Europe-wide cover, with all the bells and whistles of home start etc.

Try googling a few, and see what you come up with; I have heard that Britannia do a good deal and there are plenty of others. What you choose will be influenced by whether you want UK only or all of Europe

Whoever you choose, do read the small print carefully - make sure they cover the size and weight of your motorhome being the most important. Some also some have a maximum towing distance/cost (if you need to get to a garage for repairs, but this is probably more of an issue abroad than in UK.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection