Wednesday, 16 September 2015
  5 Replies
  2.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Me again!

I am thinking of changing my year 2000 CI. I have been looking around and I am now thinking of buying a 1995 compass drifter or a bessecarr autocruise ! (but not sure)
I have looked at many vans up to brand new ones and frankly the build quality seems poor in comparison to the mid 1990's vans.
With the exception of 2 vans a rapido I liked a lot but the layout didn't really suit us and a bailey something or other that was a year old, but I couldn't justify the extra cost for it as it didn't have a towbar or roofrack, so I would need to spend on it straight away to get it up to my spec.
I know my CI isn't the best build quality in the world, but it is in better condition than almost all the ones I have looked at!
So I have 2 questions
1. are the 'older' vans better built?
2.Should I just tell the kids they cant have bunk beds and stay with Elvis? (My CI)

Your 2 pennies worth is welcome!

Oh and I am only looking at spending about 15k max, as my van is worth about 13k and I don't want finance or loans!
(the Bailey I liked was £400 a month for 10 years on finance!!) No thanks mr salesman, even though he did try to convince me.

Tom

Rolling on and enjoying life on the road

Rate this post:
We use cookies
We use essential cookies to personalise your use of our website. Please click the OK button to agree and continue.

Stay connected with us!

Follow steps to add our app icon to your Home Screen for an instant access.
1. Tap the Share (share) button at the bottom of your screen,
2. Scroll down the list of options, then tap the Add to Home Screen ( Add to Home screen ).

Enjoy seamless browsing and stay connected wherever you go!

× Install Web App
Mobile Phone
Offline - No Internet Connection
Offline - No Internet Connection